It’s that time of the year where we
get give gifts so I thought I’d out together a list of things I’d like to get give RPG lovers everywhere…. This list includes real products, and also things I wish were real…
- Dragon Age Set 3: On February 20, 2012, Green Ronin released the Open Playtest for the third and final boxed set of the Dragon Age Roleplaying Game. Since then there have been delays, explanations, change of writers, and a lot of patient waiting. This Christmas, I’d really love to receive news that this set is finally coming out soon. I love this RPG, but it’s hard to get people to play an unsupported RPG, and for me this game feels that way. And yes, I understand that there are issues dealing with licenses and all that. But damn it, I want to play it! And I also need set 3 so I can finish my Star Wars hack!
- D&D Next: The 800lb. gorilla of the RPG world is (by everyone’s estimation) due to release this coming year. I want it to arrive already and I want it to be good. I want it to thrive. I want to play D&D again and enjoy it. I want to not feel like I eventually did with 4e. I want to write about D&D again.
- New D&D settings. Forgotten Realms is cool and all. But yeah, gimme something that pops. New edition, new worlds. 2e gave us worlds. Wanna kick it old school, WOTC? Finish your rules and concentrate on settings and adventures. Build it, we’ll come.
- Star Wars RPG stuff: I love playing in the Star Wars universe. I think it’s a really easy universe to slip into a game in. So far, Fantasy Flight games has impressed me with their products, but I want MORE. So for Christmas, I’d love it if FFG announced the following: A smuggler’s sourcebook like the old d6 Tramp Freighters book, better space combat rules, a book of just quick one-session adventures, more free supporting material through their website, alternative rules for using minis, an X-Wing miniature game conversion to use with the RPG. With new movies coming soon, SW is going to get huge again, and FFG should really capitalize on this. The only way is to keep making good content that’ll keep us around., FFG, don’t drop the ball.
- More indie games: We are living in a wonderful era for RPGs. There are so many good games out there, a great number created by fans and hobbyists, that every play style should be covered by now. Fans have become creators, and this is fantastic. There truly is a game out there for everyone. I’d like to see more of this happen, it only benefits us all as gamers.
- More time to play new games. Is that too much to ask for?
- More time to blog. Is that too much to ask for?
- More time to work on my rpgKids follow up. Is that too much to ask for?
- I want to return to Gencon this year. C’mon Santa.
- I want to wish you all a Happy Holiday season, whatever Holiday that may be for you. 🙂